Monday, February 21, 2011

I started with a Thunderheader slip on that was left over from a wreck. It was off of a bagger so I cut the extension off that is sitting in the vice in this shot.

I also cut the secondary pipe from the original V&H set up and tacked the collector to it.

And so there ya have it, my new upswept Thunderheader, or....the POTATO LAUNCHER.

and den........

With the slices in to top section of the pipe, I strapped the lower side closer to the frame and closed the slices.
Which got the the clearance from the forward controls and the master cylinder.

New 2 into 1 all tacked up..........

So I've had this V&H header kickin around for ever......damaged slip on, but the header and secondary pipe were decent.

The problem is ya cant run this thing with forewards and it was pretty tight to the rear M/C

So I made some marks on both pipes, so I can pull the pipe in tighter on the bottom.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Lighter Is Faster!

Got the cam cover chopped down, just got to decide if I dig the way it works with the sprocket cover........

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Still working on the Engine Turning thing......

The problem with doing this on a round object is that you end up with a final mark that is round. Yeah.....its not easy to see, but I can see it...which isn't gonna work.
I have a couple idea's...............
The first thing I tried was to line up a mark with each spoke.....I like but I'm not sold

I am using 1 inch scotch wheels to mark the wheel, there are several ways to lay it out.
Another problem is that you have to sand off the clear coat to mark the aluminum. Therefore youre gonna have to clear it again to prevent corrosion. Clear powdercoat is an option...but I gave my favorite rattle can a shot......I like the red on the black!
I have one more idea on eliminating the final round mark.......I'll try it this week.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Poor Mans Engine Turning........

Always been a fan of "Engine Turning". Figured I'd give it a shot on some older 9 spoke wheels.... here what I got so far.

Although its not true measured out engine turning, I dig the way it looks and ya just dont see it too often.

I made the jig out of shit I just had kicking around, and made a trip to Harbor Freight for the pads to mark it with.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Couple more update shots of the Lunchbox

Not the permanent clutch release....but it will get the job done for now.
Where's my Sawzall.......

Cut up an old Honda cb 750 front fender for that little duck bill behind the seat.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Sporty I am messing with on my lunch break at the shop......

In the beginning...... I picked this thing up last year for my Fiance'. We have decided to hold off on getting her on a bike for now so this thing has become my lunch break project at the shop.
I am basically going to strip it right down to motor and wheels, and try customize it like back in the old high dolla pretty parts.....just shit I already have kicking around or modifying the stock parts. LIGHTER IS FASTER! The budget is $500.....To Be Continued......